Haiti is a place located on the island of Hispaniola in the Greater Antilles archipelago of the Caribbean and it occupies the smaller western three eights of the islands. Haiti is 27,750 square kilometers in size and has got an estimated population of around 9.9 million people inhibiting it. There are two authentic groups, namely the French and Haitian Creole living on it and basically 95% of its inhabitants are black while the rest of it is mulato or white. Here in this article we have bought for you some mesmerizing facts about Haiti that are sure to leave you stunned.
Interesting Facts about Haiti
1. It is a case of concern that More than 10% of Haitian children die before the age of five which is really a tender age for children to die.
2. Nearly eighty percent of the people living in Haiti live below the poverty line and 54% of it is just surviving in abject poverty. In the early 1990’s, many people had left Haiti because of the circumstances out there that people were going through.
3. The average per capita income of Haiti is $ 480 a year, compared to $33,550 in the United States. This can make you have an estimate what sort of level of living the people of Haiti are experiencing.
5. The rate of employment is quite low and a typical laborer earns only as much as 2$ a day, which is not even enough to purchase a sandwich in the other nations.
Awesome Facts about Haiti
6. The rate of education is also low and only 53% of people living in Haiti have the ability to read or write.
7. After the Dominican Republic and Cuba, Haiti is the third largest country in the Caribbean. The main sport of this country is soccer.
8. Only about 10% of all children enrolled in elementary school In Haiti are able to reach the high school because of the poverty and violence prevailing in the surroundings.
Facts about Haiti
9. People in Haiti love to gamble despite of the poverty and economic backwardness. There is a great level of violence because of gambled being played, but still these are practiced.
10. Columbus begins searching for new lands and he mistakenly arrived Haiti that he mistakenly undertook as India. This fact is still registered with the history of this place.
Thanks for Check Out Interesting Facts about Haiti.